CTAT's specialized training includes essential knowledge, professional standards and all resources necessary to successfully manage CTE programs.
Training for New CTE Administrators
Training is offered at CTAT Conferences - Winter and Summer. Appropriate for CTE directors, coordinators and staff in a CTE administrative position at the district level. This training is most useful for those with three years experience or less. Participants will have access to a virtual resources and related web links.
Training for New CTE Administrators:
- Administrative policies and procedures including legal and ethical practices for CTE
- Leadership capabilities to implement effective CTE programs that increase student retention and prepare them for a globally competitive workforce
- Updates and changes occurring in career and technical education
- Resources to strengthen college and career readiness
- Business and industry partnerships and community engagement
- Best practices to further integrate academic and technical skill attainment
Training for New Counselors: Graduation Requirements and CTE
Designed for counselors new to CTE and/or those needing a refresher. Topics include 4 - year plans, special populations, PEIMS, accountability, legislative updates and 7th and 8th grade requirements for PGPs. Counselors leave with an understanding of CTE courses and how they count for graduation requirements and endorsements. Learning the language of CTE is sometimes daunting. At the end of this session, participants will be more fully equipped as they prepare students to be college and career ready.